Today is the 1st anniversary of this humble blog, Kai Chronicles. It may not have thousands of followers or millions of hits but I am pretty stoked that I’ve kept it up. What I do have is 27 followers, 27 fantastic people who obviously “get” what I am going through!! I was stoked to get one, after myself so 27 is a big deal for me and my kai trials and tribulations.
I thought this day would be the perfect time to (finally) acknowledge Jo Tracey (my most loyal follower) at andanyways for nominating Kai Chronicles for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award back in August.
And again I say, thank you Jo!! I was, and still am very touched that my obsessions and ramblings have resonated with you so deeply. With this honor comes responsibility. There are rules to go with such prestige and here they are:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and link to them
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the awards requirements.
#2 done…bless you andanyways.com
7 things about myself. You can find out heaps about a person from following their blog, so I, like Jo, will reveal some weird and wonderful facts that you may not already know.
- I am the youngest of 7 children
- I am a licensed skydiver
- I didn’t like Kentucky Fried Chicken as I child
- I refuse to eat or support KFC (formerly known as Kentucky Fried Chicken)
- If the Universe allowed it, I would have had 4 children. I have one and I’m grateful for that
- I have a tattoo for a wedding band
- I am a huge fan of Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives ( and I’d LOVE the DH DVD series set for Christmas..just saying)
Now, the hard part, to name 15 inspiring blogs. I will be honest, I don’t even follow 15 blogs at the moment so naming 15 is impossible right now. I will do my best though. Drum roll please……
(in no particular order)
- Random Ramblings of a Stay-at-home-Mum – Follow Lori’s journey through life as a single mum and emerging writer
- And anyways – Words and pics about life, food, travel, whatever
- Bucket List Publications – Fellow Nova Scotian, Lesley Carter works her way down a big list of to do’s
- One Thousand Days Single – Recently showcased in Australian media as a winner, Vanessa has vowed to stay single until March 2015
- That space in between – Sarah explores emotions that surround life and loss
- Travelling Bag – Pam writes about travel and has some big plans and aspirations
- Canadian Hiking Photography – Patrick is a talented photographer and posts some real beauties here
- Life in a Pink Fibro – Allison is a writer with many tips of the trade to share
That’s it folks. These are the blogs that I actually read from time to time and I can honestly say that I find them useful, motivating, beautiful, awesome and inspiring.
Thank you again to Jo and to all my readers. I appreciate all 27 of you!!! I’ve love to be celebrating 1027 followers on October 15, 2013!!
Happy Anniversary Kai Chronicles you beauty!!!