That’s our tiny tree hiding behind the ridiculous pile of
gorgeously half-assed wrapped gifts. Most of them are not for me. Actually, the only gifts I am getting are the ones I bought for myself, wrapped myself and stickered To: Wife From: Husband.
It started off with a few things I was buying online and because it was so close to the big day, I figured they may as well act as Xmas gifts. When I told Mr M, he seemed to relish the idea. The more I did it, the more he gave up on having to buy me things just to cover in colourful paper and play a game of give/receive just because everyone else is doing it.
So, I know ALL of my gifts and quite frankly, I like it that way. I couldn’t care less if I got nothing. I live a kind of life that I don’t need to wait until December 25th to get something I really want. If I want something, I buy it. Spoilt? Maybe. Privileged? You’re damn right.
But, I do get excited about Christmas because I love the food and drink and I do have a (very nearly) 7 year-old boy who is beside himself with the mystery of it all. I remember being his age and peeking at gifts under the tree (influenced by older siblings of course) but although he is fairly touchy and feely with his presents I don’t think he’s peeked into any. So, Christmas morning will be filled with the sounds of paper rips, squeals, oooohhh, aahhhhs and laughter (one hopes). Aside from the other obvious stuff, my Christmas plans are as follows:
- To spend Christmas with family in Perth.
- To eat, drink and be merry – poolside.
- To not pass-out from heat exhaustion (it’s forecasted to be 41+ degrees!).
- To look great in my favourite bikini.
- To control my alcohol intake.
- To find balance between healthy & rubbish eating.
- To eat chocolate.
- To re-connect with Master T on the playmat (something I haven’t done in a long time).
- To leave the “writer” in me in my home office.
- To laugh.
- To be joyful……cause that shit spreads (words by that great Canadian musician, Matthew Good).
Happy Holidays to you all!!! What are your plans for December 25th?
December 22, 2012 at 3:48 am
love the quote- that shit does spread!