Kai Chronicles

Eating, exploring and enjoying life

What’s going in my mouth

Leave a comment

I’ve been on a bit of a binge (meaning I’ve been eating more than my usual) this past week. I blame  PMS. It’s shocking how the prelude to that time of the month can affect eating habits!! I’m all good now….until next month that is!

Aside from that, I am doing well on the 80/20 regime. That is 80% of my intake is very healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, alcohol-free and yeast-free and the other 20% is carefree and guilt-free!! This does not mean I eat donuts, cakes, fast food or drink beer, not every day….anyway! Even my guilt-free 20% is fairly healthy stuff. I do eat a little chocolate everyday.

So, here was some (just some) of what’s been going in my mouth.

Feb 24 muesli and yogurt raspberry

A breakfast favourite: Yogurt and my homemade muesli…love..

Feb 24 popcorn

Who doesn’t love popcorn?

Feb 24 GF pizza

Veggie pizza on a polenta base (yes, gluten free!). I did use a little cheese. It was nice to be able to share Friday night pizza with the boys.

Feb 24 Banana coconut bread

This gluten and dairy free banana and coconut loaf is delicious…stay tuned for the recipe in another post.

Feb 24 tuna on quinoa

Tuna salad on GF quinoa crackers…quite yummy

Feb 24 tuna on rye

Hummus, tuna, baby spinach and tomato on rye (not the best for my tummy so I need to give these up and go GF)

Advertisements

Author: Jennifer Morton

Freelance travel and lifestyle writer | photographer | coffee snob | INFJ | yogi wannabe | Canadian expat | will write for money

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s