On October 1st I started yet another “shape up” commitment and today the results are in.
My health kick consisted of daily workouts and healthy choice eating.
Here’s what I did:
- The first 10-days of the Tracy Anderson 30-day Method
- Running 7 days – 2 – 3kms after body shaping workout
- Tracy Anderson’s mat routine video most days
- dance cardio some days
- boxing cardio a couple of days
- extra ab work some days
Here’s what I ate and drank (sample of):
- smoothies – almost daily
- fresh juice
- coffee decaf black
- coffee soy flat white (sometimes)
- decaf and herbal teas
- lemon and water daily
- fresh veg
- fresh fruit
- natural yoghurt
- rice crackers
- organic peanut butter
- BBQ chicken
- beef stir-fry
- butter chicken with pappadoms (YES, I did)
- chocolate (YES, I did)
- homemade muffins (twice only)
- pasta (2 small portions during the last week)
This month-long kick wasn’t tough. Sure, I missed a few workouts and I ate some chocolate and a tiny bit of wheat but I still got 95% of the results that I wanted. The best thing is that I want to continue this. I want to do daily fitness and steer away from wheat, dairy and processed foods.
I feel if I stick to my fitness, which I like to start by 6:30am so it’s done by 730am and I can get on with my day, I do not feel guilty about what I eat.
I’m off on holiday tomorrow so I hope all my work doesn’t unfold in 10 days!!!
My mindset in changing and that’s the hardest thing – if you can change the way you think, results will follow and your goals will be reached.