I know the new moon is a great time for manifesting wishes and dreams and I often set aside time during this time to write down, or at least think about what it is I want from myself and my life.
A black moon is quite rare. It’s the second new moon in a month. They say, it brings change. As always, I see this as a good time to manifest. I want certain things to happen, so I welcome the change.
It’s 30 days into the new year and I have only just though about what I want from this year. I’ve tried to be clear but I must say, my thoughts and wishes have been a bit all over the place. I don’t want to leave out areas of my life so I try to include each in my goal setting but the results often end up being muddled throughout. But I am willing to change to see my dreams come true.
In no particular order, here is a sample of my goals for 2014.
- to give more of my time and attention to my son
- to accept the things I cannot change about my husband
- to love and accept myself more
- to write something that is helpful, useful and/or entertaining
- to write for health publications on a regular basis
- to break into travel writing and photography
- be published in The West Australian 4 times
- to establish myself as a photographer
- to achieve my financial goals
- to get my novel to submission status
- to submit it a publisher
- to receive my diploma of photography
- to do a creative writing course
- to do in-house photography workshops in Perth
- to exceed my income goals
- to start another novel
- Margaret River – family
- Road trip from Jurien Bay to Exmouth and back – family
- Bali – solo wellness/yoga holiday
- drive to and within Perth city
- obtain flat abs
- inspire better eating habits in my son
- meditate daily
- weekly yoga class (minimum)
- daily fitness (6 days)
- maintain good health
- never be in debt
- to stop wasting precious minutes
Material (much to do with work)
- new laptop
- 100mm macro lens
- kneeling desk chair
- new iPhone
- book shelf for office
- new runners
- mountain bike
- mini trampoline
For this to happen, I must change some of my habits. I have faith that this black moon will bring positive change to me – if I do the ground work.
What change would you welcome this year?