Christmas parties are at their peak right now. If you need a quick, easy, inexpensive share plate idea, try my Dilly Dip. It’s like Tzatziki without the cucumber.
Thanks to www.ecolocalgrown.com for the inspiration for this one. I tried their recipe, then tweaked it a bit and now it’s my favourite!!!
For PDF click Banana Bread Recipe
When you go on a restricted diet, things can get tough. Sometimes, you look around and think, ‘what the hell CAN I eat?’.
In the beginning, you’re hungry all the time.
But then, you adapt and figure out that this healthy eating is making you feel great, really great.
When your mouth is open to everything and anything on the bakery and supermarket shelves, your choices often lean toward ease & convenience.
Toast was my go to fast & easy snack. Toast with butter and peanut butter.
Well, toss the butter and toast and what do I have?
Peanut butter. Which I have no problem eating from a spoon but it is more exciting when it’s on something.
So, I had to dig deep and remember that I LOVE organic peanut butter on celery sticks or apple slices, which is just as easy as opening a package of processed crap.
And not only PB.
I’m nuts for ABC (almond, brazil nut and cashew) spread too.
And while shopping in the city on Saturday, I found another nutty gem: Mayver’s Original Super Spread.
It has chia seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, peanuts, cashews, brazils and hazelnuts! It’s to die for (literally for my friend Laura, if she eats it….sorry Laura you can’t have any).
I am seriously overdosing on this stuff. Right now, I am eating it from the jar!!!
So, now that I have some healthy and delicious snacks I am much more happy and much less hungry!!
Except when I go to bed. Because I’m still nursing the reflux (which btw, is 99.9% gone!!!!!) I do not eat 2-3 hours before bedtime.
Stay tuned for my next post about my newest fav therapy: Bowen.
So, I’m 15 days into my health kick and I’m doing well and feeling pretty good. Sure, I ate pumpkin pie 2 days in a row and some chocolate but that’s just the way I roll.
Mostly though, I am enjoying eating better and saying no to alcohol. Here are my favourite top 5 healthy snacks.
5. Honeycomb – loaded with enzymes and antioxidants, eating honey still in the wax is a great immune booster! Just chew the wax up and toss it when the honey is gone. Of course, I get this from my local beekeeper. One small piece daily is plenty.
4. Mayver’s All Natural Peanut & Cocao Spread – This is absolutely delish and now that chocolate is considered healthy, I eat usually only eat the dark, pure stuff! Just a teaspoon of this all natural spread satisfies a chocolate craving. It’s also great spread on banana slices if you’re looking for something sweet.
3. Organic peanut butter on celery or sliced apple. Nuts are a great source of protein, rich in energy and antioxidants!
2. Hummus with rice crackers or veggie sticks. Comprised of chickpeas, tahini, lemon, garlic, olive oil and spices, hummus is full of protein, calcium and omega 3 fatty acids!
1. Smoothie – I’ve always loved a good smoothie after my workout. They are filling and yummy. The benefits of my smoothies are protein, probiotics, antioxidants, potassium, fibre, oleic acid, vitamin C, B vitamins, amino acids and they are quick and easy to make!
What are your favourite healthy snacks?
Btw, it’s Kai Chronicles’s 2nd birthday today! WordPress sent me this in honour.