So, I’m 15 days into my health kick and I’m doing well and feeling pretty good. Sure, I ate pumpkin pie 2 days in a row and some chocolate but that’s just the way I roll.
Mostly though, I am enjoying eating better and saying no to alcohol. Here are my favourite top 5 healthy snacks.
5. Honeycomb – loaded with enzymes and antioxidants, eating honey still in the wax is a great immune booster! Just chew the wax up and toss it when the honey is gone. Of course, I get this from my local beekeeper. One small piece daily is plenty.
No added fats, oils, salt or sugar!! Gotta love that!
4. Mayver’s All Natural Peanut & Cocao Spread – This is absolutely delish and now that chocolate is considered healthy, I eat usually only eat the dark, pure stuff! Just a teaspoon of this all natural spread satisfies a chocolate craving. It’s also great spread on banana slices if you’re looking for something sweet.
Lovin’ organic peanut butter at the moment
3. Organic peanut butter on celery or sliced apple. Nuts are a great source of protein, rich in energy and antioxidants!
Ok, so the hummus is not with crackers or veggie sticks but this is also a great snack or meal!
2. Hummus with rice crackers or veggie sticks. Comprised of chickpeas, tahini, lemon, garlic, olive oil and spices, hummus is full of protein, calcium and omega 3 fatty acids!
Daily smoothie ritual
1. Smoothie – I’ve always loved a good smoothie after my workout. They are filling and yummy. The benefits of my smoothies are protein, probiotics, antioxidants, potassium, fibre, oleic acid, vitamin C, B vitamins, amino acids and they are quick and easy to make!
What are your favourite healthy snacks?
Btw, it’s Kai Chronicles’s 2nd birthday today! WordPress sent me this in honour.